This is a comprehensive evaluation of your child’s health before entering school.
- We ask that you arrive 15 minutes early for your exam to allow the time needed for pre-exam screening tests including hearing screen, vision screen, assessment of vitals, and hemoglobin.
- Your provider will then review these screening results with you as well as perform your child’s physical exam.
- You will have the opportunity to discuss any concerns you may have about your child’s health or development.
- Immunizations will be reviewed and offered as needed for your child to have a safe and successful start to their education!
7th Grade Physicals:
Our 7th-grade physicals are an important milestone in your adolescent’s healthcare. Our providers believe it is important for our teenagers to begin taking an active part in their health care. To help foster this, we will ask your child to begin their exam on their own.
- Our nursing staff will check their vitals, screen their hearing and vision, as well as their hemoglobin.
- All teens will complete a depression screening tool that will be reviewed by their provider.
- The provider will then visit with your child and perform their physical exam.
- The parent/guardian will then be invited back to the exam room to discuss your child’s exam and any concerns you may have.
- Immunizations will be reviewed and offered as recommended by the American Academy of Pediatricians.
- Due to the time requirements of pre-exam screenings, we ask that you arrive 15 minutes before your appt time to allow adequate time with your provider.
For more detailed information on Pediatric health topics, please refer to the American Academy of Pediatrics.